QuickBooks is the goto choice by accountants and CPAs for accounting software. It is manufactured and distributed by Intuit for both Windows and Mac computers. QuickBooks has been helping small, medium and large scale businesses for more than a decade to manage their business accounting activities. With the help of QuickBooks, one can manage payments, Invoices, reconciliation, tax and much more which helps you to save your precious time. Although it’s an impeccable software to use however at times there can be some technical challenges while using it, such as you can encounter different errors.
Today we will explain more about such instances that are experienced by Quickbooks users. One of the frequent QuickBooks errors is QuickBooks Error H202.
If you get the following message “This company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting.” it means your QuickBooks software is a victim of QuickBooks error h202.
Reasons why one can experience Quickbooks Error H202
- Unable to connect with a file on the server due to incorrect hosting details
- QuickBooks company file is unable to connect to the server in multi-user mode
- Essential files like quickbooksDBXX or QBCF Monitor settings are corrupted or not running
- Any sort of Data Damage in QuickBooks Database
- You are unable to turn on your QuickBooks into multi-user mode
Fix QuickBooks Error H202 Permanently
- Open QuickBooks database server manager and scan for company files
- Once you find any related files restore the connection using them
- Error H202 can also be caused due to firewall issues or incorrect firewall settings
- Open QuickBooks and select File>>Utilities>>Host Multi-User Access option
- Open services.msc using Run dialog box in your windows
- Look for QBCF Monitor Service and QuickBooksDB27 and check it they are marked as started and running.
Once you follow the above-mentioned steps and make sure all the settings are configured as mentioned, you will be able to fix QuickBooks error h202. In case you are unable to fix this QuickBooks error and require technical help you call an Intuit certified ProAdvisor who would be able to assist you in a better way.